As you may know, we are celebrating our 16 year anniversary here at C3 Church this year. And I thought it would be fun if on Thursdays we got a little retro, and reposted some of my blogs from the past 8 years. Today we will start with my very first blog originally written on July 6th 2006:
Well… here it goes. I’m entering the blogging world. I’ve been a little hesitant to start a blog because:
• I’ve never been very good at keeping a daily journal or diary.
• I’m a man of few words. (I like to read books with large print and lots of pictures)
• I enjoy spending time with my family, leading an awesome church… C3, and watching ESPN.
How can I fit in blogging?
Here are some reasons why I’m excited about starting a blog:
• I feel kind of cutting edge. I can tell people.. “Hey, have you checked out my blog?” and they’ll say, “Wow, you have a blog? You are so cool.” And that will make me feel good.
• It gives me an excuse to drink Starbucks. (Do I need an excuse?)
• I’m a man of few words. My blog will probably be filled with bullet points and a lot of pictures.
• Maybe in some small way I can be a part of making the world a better place and help others know about an awesome God.
So I guess it’s time to get this thing started.