I knew that the Innovate Conference was going to be great (Rick Warren, Ed Stetzer, Jim Cymbala…) but I had no idea all that God was going to do in my life. Pastor Jonathan Falwell is anointed by God in a special way and it was so evident in this conference. I had a conversation with Jonathan after the conference and he shared that the Holy Spirit hijacked the conference and took over. You can go to innovatechurch.us and watch the main sessions and download the podcasts. Here are a few of my thoughts…
- Rick Warren is still my hero. I love his humility and wisdom. He shared about the 3 big traps for pastors and leaders: Lust of the Flesh (temptation to feel good), Lust of the Eyes (temptation of greed), Pride of Life (temptation to be worshiped). All Senior Pastors need to listen to this podcast!)
- After Rick Warren spoke, Jonathan asked me and a few other pastors to lay hands and pray for Rick as he is in the spotlight (cover of Time magazine, hosting debate with John McCain and Barack Obama, etc.). What a humbling experience to be praying for this great man of God.
- Lynchburg has a Starbucks! You know the Spirit is moving when Starbucks shows up. Thanks Tom for hooking me up with the Americanos.
- Began a friendship with some amazing guys… Pastor Tom Mullins and his son Todd from Christ Fellowship, Palm Beach Gardens, FL, Lance Witt former Executive Pastor at Saddleback and founder of www.replenish.net.
- Need to go back to Logans and get the peanut butter desert. Thanks Todd for introducing me to it.
- Had a blast doing the Leadership session with Lance Witt (Saddleback), Brian Bloye (West Ridge Church), and Todd Mullins (Christ Fellowship). I need you guys to send me your notes!
- Tuesday night for me personally was one time that the Holy Spirit hit me big time. I found myself on my face before God during the worship time.
- Got to spend some time with my friend Ed Stetzer from Lifeway. This guy has his finger on the pulse of what is happening in church life around the world. (this is another podcast you’ve got to listen to)
- I am so excited to see all that God is going to do as we partner together.