This weekend we continued our Love series at C3! This has been a life-changing series already and we know that God is going to continue to do something that we’ve never seen done before in a community through this Love Revolution!
Matt and our son, Caleb, had the opportunity to go to Louisiana to spend several days with Pastor Scott and Merianne Hornsby who are dear friends of ours. Pastor Scott is on the founding board of the ARC and he pastors Fellowship Church in Zachary, Louisiana. They spent their time there fishing, riding four-wheelers and going to an LSU football game. Matt also had the opportunity to speak at Pastor Scott’s church on Sunday!
1 Corinthians 13:1-5 “If I could speak all the languages of earth and of angels, but didn’t love others, I would only be a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. If I had the gift of prophecy, and if I understood all of God’s secret plans and possessed all knowledge, and if I had such faith that I could move mountains, but didn’t love others, I would be nothing. If I gave everything I have to the poor and even sacrificed my body, I could boast about it; but if I didn’t love others, I would have gained nothing.
Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude.”
PRIDE: The easy definition is “it’s all about I!” Proverbs 16:8 “Pride goes before destruction.”
HUMILITY: Not thinking about yourself.
Philippians 2:3-4 (NLT) “Don’t be selfish; don’t try to impress others. Be humble, thinking of others as better than yourselves. Don’t look out only for your own interests, but take an interest in others, too.”
Manifestations of Pride and Humility
1. Complaining against or passing judgment on God – You blame God for everything bad in your life.
Humble person – Acknowledges who God is and trust Him.
2. A lack of gratitude in general – they think they deserve what is good.
Humble person – Thank God and people often.
3. Anger – Outbursts of anger, withdrawing, pouting frustrated or moody.
Humble Person – Seeks to live at peace with all people.
4. Seeing yourself as better than others or impatient or easily irritated with others – Feel like you are on top looking down on others.
Humble Person – Sees themselves no better than others.
5. Having an inflated view of your importance, gifts and abilities -They are a legend in their own mind.
Humble Person – Is genuinely glad for others.
6. Perfectionism – very concerned about what others think.
Humble person – Has a teachable spirit.
7. Talks too much – they are the center of their conversation and it is all about them. ME, ME, ME, I, I, I.
Humble person – Seeks ways to build others up.
8. Seeking independence or control – Find it extremely difficult to work under someone else or to submit to an authority.
Humble person – Gladly submissive and obedient to those in authority.
9. Being defensive or blame-shifting (A lack of asking forgiveness) –
Humble person – Quick in admitting when you are wrong & quick to ask for forgiveness.
10. Voicing preferences or opinions when not asked .
Humble person – Speaks the truth in love.
You can get a full list of the manifestations of pride and humility in the booklet “From Pride to Humility” that is available in the Source.
This Weekend’s Worship Set…
Rise and Sing – Lincoln Brewster
Your Love Never Fails – Jesus Culture
The More I Seek You – Kari Jobe
Here – C3 Worship Team
Perfect Love – Hillsong