If you missed this weekend’s services, I encourage you to watch it or listen to it here. Also,if you were not at C3 this weekend, or if you would like to give your tithe or offering, you can give online by clicking here.
Genesis 45:4 “Please, come closer,” he said to them. So they came closer. And he said again, “I am Joseph, your brother, whom you sold into slavery in Egypt. 5 But don’t be upset, and don’t be angry with yourselves for selling me to this place. It was God who sent me here ahead of you to preserve your lives. 6 This famine that has ravaged the land for two years will last five more years, and there will be neither plowing nor harvesting. 7 God has sent me ahead of you to keep you and your families alive and to preserve many survivors.8 So it was God who sent me here, not you! And he is the one who made me an adviser to Pharaoh—the manager of his entire palace and the governor of all Egypt.
- Forgiveness means there is a zero balance. You owe me nothing.
- Forgiveness is releasing your right to be vindicated.Clear someone of blame or suspicion. I’ll never bring it up again.
- Forgiveness is an act of obedience to God.
- Forgiveness is a deliberate choice.
- Forgiveness is not dwelling on the person or action that caused you to be hurt. I will not talk about it publicly or privately.
- Forgiveness is a continuous life – style, not a one time event.
- Forgiveness is trusting God.
Forgiveness Is Not…
- Forgiveness does not mean that you have not been hurt or are pretending you have not been hurt.
- Forgiveness does not mean that you disregard something that has been hurtful to you.
- Forgiveness does not mean you have to trust the person who hurt you.
- Forgiveness does not relieve someone of their responsibility for hurtful actions. Neither does it guarantee someone will take responsibility for their hurtful actions.
- Forgiveness does not mean I shouldn’t confront the situation. Speak the truth in love.
- Forgiveness does not mean there shouldn’t be punishment or consequences.
- Forgiveness does not mean I can’t seek legal or police protection.
- Forgiveness does not mean I loose the right of self protection. Wise as serpents and wise as doves.
- Forgiveness does not mean you have to reconcile with a person who has hurt you or guarantee reconciliation with that person.
- Forgiveness is not predicated upon another person being sorry for what they have done.
- Forgiveness is not a “feeling” nor is it based upon feelings.