I get asked often how do we motivate men to pray? Actually we can’t motivate men to pray only God can do that but there are some things that we can do as Pastors and leaders to help facilitate.
C3 Church has been built on prayer and we have had groups praying since the early days. But one of the things that can happen is that it becomes somewhat of a holy huddle. It can begin to have an “Us four and no more” attitude. If we aren’t careful we can become spiritually arrogant and become harsh towards other men who aren’t attending. So a couple of years ago we re-launched our C3 Warriors men’s prayer movement and without a doubt it is one of the most powerful and amazing things we have ever done in the 12 plus years of C3.
We launched it with about 25 men and met weekly for a couple of months. I shared with them the vision God had given to me to mobilize 100 warriors for prayer. We laid a strong foundation and then I shared they can invite other men to attend and they would become prayer group leaders. I am blown away at what God has done. Here are a few things:
- We now have about 100 men that gather twice a month on a Thursday morning at 6am for prayer, worship and devotional.
- We have seen God perform miracles and heal marriages.
- We consistently have men attending who have just gotten saved and many have been set free from alcohol abuse, drugs and other addictions.
- We have had a couple of Men’s Nights to reach out to other men with about 800 men gathering and many making a commitment to Christ.
- Our Warriors responded to the Nashville floods and helped to rebuild homes.
- We have provided landscaping and other assistance to the Boys and Girls Club and their facility.
- We are now partnering with the Smithfield Rescue Mission providing food and care. We also have plans to assist in building additional rooms for their homeless shelter.
I could go on and on but let me add that C3 Warriors is not just for our men. I need it! I look forward to it and it is one of the highlights of what I get to do. I try to attend every one and usually share a message God has laid on my heart. But it is like an oasis of God’s love and power. I can’t wait to get there!
So if you’re thinking about launching a men’s prayer movement I would say go for it! And let me know if I can serve you in any way. As God raises up men to pray I really believe that we can CHANGE THE WORLD TOGETHER!