This week we had the privelege of hosting Pastor Carl Lentz, the Lead Pastor of Hillsong New York City. He spoke an awesome message at our First Wednesday service on being caught up in grace that you can listen to here.
After serving on staff at Wave Church for 10 years and now the Lead Pastor at Hillsong New York City he has some great insight on how a healthy team works. Here are some of my raw notes. You can also go to iTunes and listen to the audio at C3 Church Leadership Podcast.
1. YOU CAN’T ALLOW YOUR ROLE TO DEFINE YOUR ROLE.
Your role impacts everybody’s role
2. YOU CAN’T ALLOW YOUR FAITH TO BECOME COLD AND THE FAITH OF YOUR PEOPLE TO REMAIN HOT.
The spirit in the staff will impact the whole church
Amazing how much fun church is when you bring a lost friend. You begin to care about how your church looks and how people are treated
3. YOU CAN’T LET YOUR LEADERS ALWAYS BE YOUR INSPIRATION.
Come to church full of life!
4. YOU CAN’T ALLOW YOUR OPINION TO AFFECT YOUR POSITION.
All staff are an armor bearers
Stay in your position long enough he will ask for your opinion
“Never hold anything too dear”, Brian Houston
5. YOU CAN’T ALLOW THE PAST TO BE THE VOICE OF YOUR FUTURE.
The devil hates the fact that our church is growing
We are on the front row. We will get bloody. Getting offended etc
Have an unoffendable spirit. Have this attitude, “You cannot offend me I won’t leave my post!”