In the last blog post I shared with you the first thing we must do to have an impact on our world – begin by working “within” our comfort zone. Before we step out of our comfort zone, we should be faithful to do what God has put in front of us. Today I want to share with you the second point:
WE NEED TO STEP OUT OF OUR COMFORT ZONE
Stepping out of our comfort zone takes faith!
For example, Noah obeyed God and warned others even when they didn’t believe him. He obeyed God even though they had never seen a flood before!
Hebrews 11:7 “It was by faith that Noah built a large boat to save his family from the flood. He obeyed God, who warned him about things that had never happened before. By his faith Noah condemned the rest of the world, and he received the righteousness that comes by faith.”(NLT)
God called Abraham to leave his comfort zone and go to another land. He went without knowing where he was going!
Hebrews 11:8-10 “It was by faith that Abraham obeyed when God called him to leave home and go to another land that God would give him as his inheritance. He went without knowing where he was going. And even when he reached the land God promised him, he lived there by faith—for he was like a foreigner, living in tents. And so did Isaac and Jacob, who inherited the same promise. Abraham was confidently looking forward to a city with eternal foundations, a city designed and built by God.” (NLT)
And Peter got out of his comfort zone, took a step of faith and walked on water.
Mathew 14:27-31: “But Jesus spoke to them at once. “Don’t be afraid,” he said. “Take courage. I am here!” Then Peter called to him, “Lord, if it’s really you, tell me to come to you, walking on the water.” “Yes, come,” Jesus said. So Peter went over the side of the boat and walked on the water toward Jesus. But when he saw the strong wind and the waves, he was terrified and began to sink. “Save me, Lord!” he shouted. Jesus immediately reached out and grabbed him. “You have so little faith,” Jesus said. “Why did you doubt me?”
Here are 12 Practical ways you can get out of your comfort zone:
1. Pray for someone when they share a need.
2. Invite someone to Easter Weekend!
3. Cook a meal or cookies for a neighbor.
4. Write a note of thanks to someone who has impacted your life.
5. Get involved in serving others.
6. Use the activities you are already doing to reach out. (For example: soccer, dance, karate, business groups.)
7. Share something God has done in your life on Social Media.
8. Lean forward in church, expect God to speak to you and take notes.
9. Praise God, lift up your hands and give God a shout of praise.
10. Pray with your family.
11. Go on a mission trip.
12. Give a sacrificial faith offering to God above the tithe toward the vision of your church.
This weekend at C3 Church, we will have an opportunity to make an IMPACT together during our IMAPCT CELEBRATION WEEKEND! Please pray for our vision to Impact our Campus, the 919, and Africa. And ask God what he would have yo give toward the vision. We can have a big IMPACT together!