Hey everyone! Here are some snack ideas for you to choose from!
Hummus – you can make it fresh or just buy it at the store. 🙂
2 (15-ounce) cans or 4 1/3 cups cooked Garbanzo Beans (rinsed & drained)
3 Garlic Cloves (peeled & minced)
1/4 cup Lemon juice
2 tbsp Sesame Tahini (sesame paste)
1 tsp Ground Cumin
1 tsp Paprika
1/2 tsp Lemon Zest (finely grated)
1/2 tsp Salt
- Combine beans, garlic, lemon juice, tahini, cumin, paprika, lemon zest and salt in a food processor with the metal blade or in a blender.
2. Process until smooth.
3. Serve with vegetable to dip hummus in (celery, carrots, cucumber, broccoli, cauliflower, etc.)
Guacamole – you can make it fresh or just buy it at the store.
2 ripe avocados
1 minced garlic clove
1 tsp coarse salt
2 seeded and diced plum tomatoes
2 minced jalapeño chiles
1 minced small red onion
1/2 cup fresh cilantro
3 or 4 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Pit, dice, and peel 2 ripe avocados.
2. Gently mash in a medium bowl with 1 minced garlic clove and 1 tsp salt.
3. Mix in 2 seeded and diced pun tomatoes, 2 minced jalapeño chiles, 1 minced small red onion, 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro, and 3 to 4 tablespoons fresh lime juice.
Any kind of nuts or trail mix
All Natural Juices
Natural Peanut Butter
- Rip (washed) kale into bite sized pieces (no big stems).
- Coat with olive oil (about 2 tbsp).
- Salt to taste.
- Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes or until CRISPY but not brown.
- You have to make these and eat them. Cannot store them or they become soggy.
Oven Roasted Broccoli
4-5 pounds (or 2 large batches) broccoli cut into florets
6 1/2 tbsp extra virigin olive oil
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp pepper
4 garlic cloves
1 lemon juice
3 tbsp toasted pine nuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425
2. Take 4 to 5 pounds of broccoli (two large bunches)
3. Cut into florets (Relatively big ones.)
4. Put the broccoli on a cookie sheet. Toss with olive oil, salt and pepper.
5. Now add 4 garlic cloves that are peeled & sliced & toss them in.
6. Roast in the oven 20 to 25 minutes, until crisp-tender and the tips of some of the florets are browned.
7. When it’s done, take it out of the oven, zest a lemon over the broccoli, squeeze the lemon juice over the broccoli, add 1.5 Tbs more olive oil, 3 Tbs toasted pine nuts (Optional)