All who want a cup of coffee raise your hand! (I have both hands raised)
We have made it through the first day…only 20 more to go! I want to reassure you that the first few days are the hardest. It will get easier.
Like Matt pointed out in his blog, Daniel purposed in his heart not to eat of the King’s food. The first step is many times the hardest step, but as you walk through this journey, you will find that God is there to meet you at every critical point along the way.
On your second day of fasting, remember:
1. Drink lots of water
2. Rest to conserve your energy
3. Pray…The second and third days are the hardest
1. Tongue begins to coat
2. Hunger pangs increase
3. Cravings are intense at times
4. Headaches can begin
5. Your body starts burning fat for energy, this is called ketosis
“Out of those private and profound times alone with His Father came an enormous outpouring of public demonstration where God’s power would be poured forth in healings, raising the dead, abundance and more. Victories are not won in public, but in private. That is why fasting, whether corporately or individually, is a private discipline.”
Thoughts for your Journal:
1. Do you need a deeper, more intimate and powerful relationship with the Lord?
2. Do you need a fresh encounter with God?
4 (1lb) cans great Northern Beans, drained
3 cans vegetable broth
1 cup water
1 1/4 c. onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 tsp. salt
1 (4oz) can chopped green chiliew
1 1/2 tsp. cumin
1tsp. dried oregano
1/4 tsp. ground red pepper
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1. Place all ingredients in large (5 quart) heavy pot.
2. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer at least 30 min.
Put all ingredients in a crock pot and cook.
Hang in there and don’t give up!
I’m pulling for you,