I’ve discovered the more I serve and give, the bigger my world gets. This past week we had a skype call with our C3 Africa team serving in South Africa. They are helping us adopt a village of 170,000 that needs hope by building wells to provide fresh water and building a C3 Church Africa to provide the living water: Jesus. It hit me while we were talking that our world gets so much bigger when we take steps of faith and live generously. God’s Word says,
Proverbs 11:24 “The world of the generous gets larger and larger; the world of the stingy gets smaller and smaller.”(Message)
I’ve discovered 10 Benefits of Generosity:
1. It brings order to my life and finances.
2. It demonstrates that God is first place in my life.
3. It stretches my faith.
4. It reminds me that I am not in control but God is.
5. I get to celebrate when lives are changed.
6. I get to model for my kids what Biblical stewardship looks like.
7. I play a part in getting the gospel out around the world.
8. It breaks the grip of greed and selfishness in my life.
9. I get to invest in something much bigger than myself that will last much longer than I will.
10. I discover that I can never out give God!
Let’s be believers that are generous, not stingy! Let’s stop complaining about what we don’t have or what we want more of and begin to be faithful with what God has put in our hands. Together we can change the world!